Are you thinking of chartering a yacht with a group of friends or family? We can help you!
Renting a boat with friends is a great idea to spend time together and get to know each other better. During a sailing trip with your friends or family, you can share new experiences, relax on board or explore new places among many other things.
However, organizing a holiday and taking decisions can be dangerous for friendships; Who are you travelling with? How and who will organize the cruise? Which destination will you choose? What boat should you rent?
Many times the organization of holidays can be a headache.
Some keys to consider when planning a group yacht charter and have a successful cruise are the following:
- Who are you sailing with? On a yacht charter vacation, it is very important to choose compatible shipmates with whom you generally get along and have similar hobbies. When renting a boat for holidays, you spend a lot of time together in a small space so a good relationship is key for enjoying an excellent sailing trip. Everyone must agree on the type of charter is going to be planned; sailing long distances, dropping anchor to spend the night, collaborating in the daily tasks, parties on board, visiting towns, etc.
It is a good idea to name someone that lead the organization of the trip, but always counting on the opinions of the whole group.
- Estimate a Budget – Another important thing is to set the dates and define a budget for the trip.
The best thing about group boat rental is that the total cost can be divided per person and you can enjoy a luxury sailing holiday at a very good price. Another advantage is that boats have a kitchen and you can enjoy meals on board avoiding expenses in restaurants every day.
- When you decide to rent a boat with friends, at the time of booking your boat you must firmly know the number of people who are going to be sailing and if you need to hire a skipper. You can read here more about skippered yacht charters. If you are a small group the best option is to rent a sailboat in terms of space and price. If you are a large group and anyone has a propensity to dizzy, then we recommend renting a catamaran that offers more stability and spaces.
Everyone must commit to the sailing trip and to the travel date before booking the yacht, otherwise, you may find the perfect boat for your trip and then anyone wants to join or drop out and you have to start to find a new boat all over again.
- Choosing a destination can be difficult since there are many wonderful places to charter a yacht. A good way to choose a destination can be consulting the available flights and prices from your nearest airport. You can also think if you would like to combine sailing with culture and holiday or maybe you prefer some adventure and leisure activities, for example, destinations for kayaking.
- Once you have decided destination and booked your yacht, you can start planning the sailing route and itinerary for your vacation; places of interest, leisure activities, beaches, museums,.etc. Planning your trip itinerary with the group is the best way to avoid surprises during your cruise.
A good organization is key to enjoying the most of a group sailing trip. Get down to work and gather all your friends to start organizing your sailing holidays! Complete our form here and we will be more than happy to provide you with a custom quote and help you to find the right boat for your group.